Art of Australia- Boomerang lesson for elementary

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 08:42:12 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Steve Graham shared his boomerang lesson with Art
Education list:
http://www.bartlesville.k12.ok.us/kane/paper_boomerang/

Enlarge the image to make a template from 9" square of
oak tag. I tried to find a template for you - but
template wasn't on the site I checked.

Here is a different style:
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/TRC/Aeronautics/Four_Wing_Boomerang.html

Steve also has an outdoor boomerang - using paint
sticks.
http://www.bartlesville.k12.ok.us/kane/boomerang_lesson/

He has many resources on his site.

I have seen these boomerangs made out of thin
styrofoam too.... Might make a unique printmaking
lesson. Kids make a print from the nine inch square -
then cut out the boomerang from the printing plate and
paint it.....just a thought.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department