Re: Mac Question ??????

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 09:23:44 PST

Dear Woody,
Email settings are contained in the email program itself. Which program are
you using? When I have seen this program, it indeed was something very minor
but incorrect in the account settings. For example, while my Serbian
connection both is mail.sbb.co.yu,, the smtp settings for my .Mac account is
smtp.mac.com
I would also try rechecking your password. If all that fails, find the
program's preferences (your user name - Library - preferences), delete it,
and open up the program again. You will have to enter the account
information again, but it's better than not being able to send email.

Melissa

On 3/31/05 12:27 AM, "Woody Duncan" <woodyduncan@comcast.net> wrote:

> I had e-mail problems so I switched to my powerbook.
> It's OS X of course. It will let me surf the web and
> receive e-mail, but not send ???? It is on a wireless
> hookup, but that should not be the problem because my
> wife's PC is on wireless too, and it sends and receives
> e-mail. I compared the settings for incoming and outgoing
> mail with my i-Mac. They are set the same. I'm back on my
> little i-Mac now but I'd like to roam with my powerbook
> when the weather is warmer. Is there a Mac person out
> there that might give me a hint as where to look for
> a solution ?
> Thanks - Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

---