Re: less expenditure of energy... do tell

---------

From: Carob Designs (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:52:46 PST

Leah, I'm on my third career, also...from accountant for 10 years to
insurance adjuster for 10 years to teaching art ever since...and this has by
far been the best and most rewarding of all.

I am older than you and I also have achy joints...I have arthritis in my
left thumb so bad, it just burns most of the time and cortisone didn't
help...and my left foot gives me so many problems that some days I can
hardly walk on it...again nothing they can do for it. My energy level is
way less but not gone, and my students are always eager to help me. They
run errands for me and help in the classroom. But other that, I am still
excited about each day of sharing with my students.

And hopefully, next year, I will just be working half days...and I'm looking
forward to it.
I continue to work on my art at home...and I've undertaken a new endeavor
this year...learning to work with metals. I think learning new things has
really been inspiring.
Carolyn Roberts

> Going now into my third career - with achy bones and only my love of
> inspired creativity to hold me up - I have found someways to conserve -
> but
> how about a list of "collective wisdom from retired art teachers for the
> web
> site...
> When I get my MA - I will be 50, I go for an MRI next week, to see why the
> shooting pains are still going up and down my leg - I sometimes wonder if
> should have opted for a desk job -
> Achy bones in Colorado Springs,
> Leah

---