Re: less expenditure of energy... do tell

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:20:50 PST

On Wednesday, March 30, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Leah Rachlis wrote:

> Hey Sharon,
> We could sure use some of those experiences that lead to less
> expenditure of energy!
> Going now into my third career - with achy bones and only my love of
> inspired creativity to hold me up - I have found someways to conserve
> - but how about a list of "collective wisdom from retired art teachers
> for the website...
Good idea! Maybe on Judy's site as well. This information is
scattered all throughout the posts but hard to find because subject
lines don't always indicate what is in the post. (My pet peeve) a big
comprehensive list could certainly be helpful.

> When I get my MA - I will be 50, I go for an MRI next week, to see why
> the
> shooting pains are still going up and down my leg - I sometimes wonder
> if I
> should have opted for a desk job -

Desk jobs have their own set of problems I understand. Rather have the
painful bones. Good luck with the MRI - hope it finds the problem.

> Achy bones in Colorado Springs,
> Leah
> PS: Did you see we protested at Palmer High School - against the
> crazy "hate"monger! Boy was I achy after that!

No I didn't see! Tell me more! Best off list so we don't stir up
controversy on list about political things. Unless, of course it is of
interest to all of us and about art education.

Leah and I have an off list communication about the turmoil in
Education in Colorado Springs. I am a Class of '57 graduate of
Colorado Springs High School (which is now the mentioned Palmer High)
and go to reunion every 5 years. We plan to meet face to face at the
next reunion in '07. Leah on the other hand started in NYC and moved to
Colorado. We are just reversed but have much in common.

I love this list!
Sharon ~ NJ
A daughter of the plaines & mountains relocated to NJ
Art Education is alive and well in NJ

---