Re: Retired art teachers--seeking opinions on retirement

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 03:57:11 PST

In a message dated 3/29/2005 11:15:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gail1611@aol.com writes:

> I'm finding at the ripe age of 59 (ugh!) that I'm much more tired. Has
> anyone
> else had that problem and have you figured out something that helps? I
> should say that in the last 13 months I have been at 7 schools. Gail

Well, I might as well spill the beans! I will be 65 on April 10th and I don't
intend to retire YET. Yes, I am more tired. I find I do not spring back as
fast with a reserve of energy.
 I intend to try to teach until 70. We have a science PH.D. on our staff
that is 68 and he now teaches part-time.

My dad worked well into his 70's, was very active and only started to slow
down when into his 80's but he was mentally with it until he died at 88. It all
depends on how well your body holds up. We wear out like an old car.

Walking with a spring in my step,
Marsh in FL.

---