Re: Elliott Eisner

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 21:18:25 PST

Sears, Ellen wrote:

> got to meet him tonight -

Somewhere I have a long letter Eisner wrote me while
in a grad course. I had written several art educators
about questions I had about DBAE. He was kind enough
to reply, as did others. Although the words he used
were not to kind about my "misconceptions" on the
subject. As usual my letter writing got me in a bit
of trouble with my Prof at the time. Rebuffed or not,
I'll have to say that Eisner is one of the major
thinkers in our field. He got quite a good reception
when he spoke to a broad audience of educators in
Kansas City years back. That's where he's best,
addressing the need for the arts to people outside
of art education.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons