Re: Retired art teachers--seeking opinions on retirement

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 21:07:39 PST

Gail1611@aol.com wrote:
> I'm finding at the ripe age of 59 (ugh!) that I'm much more tired. Has anyone
> else had that problem and have you figured out something that helps? I
> should say that in the last 13 months I have been at 7 schools. Gail

I always had a goal or target at the end of each year.
It kept me going and boosted my energy level as it
got nearer. My goal, every June, was a week of painting with
friends in Taos. Your goal should be something that's
special to you. Of course at 59 we tend to slow
down bit. But, we should have gained so much experience
by then that we are so much better at what we do that
being slow won't matter.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons