Re: PayPal Messages

---------

From: Vanessa Compton (vcompton_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 05:14:31 PST

I am getting them too. Forward them to <spoof@paypal.com> for
their records, then delete them. Below I have cut+pasted the "real"
Paypal's techsupport suggestions from an earlier round of this sort
of "phish" stuff.
Vanessa

quote:

Dear Vanessa Compton,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.
We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention.
We can confirm that the email you received was not sent to you by
PayPal. The website linked to this email is not a registered URL
authorized or used by PayPal. We are currently investigating this
incident fully. Please do not enter any personal or financial
information into this website.

If you have surrendered any personal or financial information to this
fraudulent website, you should immediately log into your PayPal
Account and change your password and secret question and
answer information. Any compromised financial information should
be reported to the appropriate parties.

If you notice any unauthorized activity associated with your PayPal
transaction history, please immediately report this to PayPal by
following the instructions below:

   1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/ by
entering your email address and password into the Member Log In
box

   2. Click on Security Center at the bottom of the page

   3. Click on the 'Unauthorized Transaction' link under the Report a
Problem column

   4. Please follow the instructions in order to access the
appropriate form

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

> Just wondering if anyone else is receiving these weird PayPal Messages
> regarding Suspending an Account? It appears the message is being sent
> to the ArtSedNet address but I have no idea why I'm getting them.
>

> Mahalo,
> Cathy
> Honolulu, HI
>

> ---