Re: PayPalContacted

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 04:58:05 PST

I also contacted paypal (spoof@paypal.com), they gave me some good
recommendations regarding paypal accounts:

* Greeting: Emails from PayPal will address you by your first and last
name or the business name associated with your PayPal account.
Fraudulent emails often include the salutation "Dear PayPal User" or
"Dear PayPal Member".
* Email Attachments: PayPal emails will never ask you to download an
attachment or a software program. Attachments contained in fraudulent
emails often contain viruses that may harm your computer or compromise
your PayPal account.
* Request for Personal Information: If we require information from you,
we will notify you in an email and request that you enter the
information only after you have safely and securely logged in to your
PayPal account.
Often, fraudulent emails will request details such as your full name,
account password, credit card number, bank account, PIN number, Social
Security Number, or mother's maiden name.

If you think that you have received a fraudulent email (or fake
website), please forward the email (or URL address) to spoof@paypal.com
and then delete the email from your mailbox. Never click any links or
attachments in a suspicious email.

On Mar 28, 2005, at 7:23 AM, Artgotch@aol.com wrote:

> I have written to PayPal and I believe that they are aware. If you
> have an account, don't worry, just stay off the address they send.
> Barbara ---
> leave-artsednet-20361K@lists.getty.edu

---