Re: Retired art teachers--seeking opinions on retirement

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 14:25:30 PST

Hi Carolyn, In my district the retirement check is based on the last 3
years of employments (annual amount ) so it would be a big mistake to
go 1/2 time. However--what if you retire and then are rehired as a part
timer so you get both checks?? Would your district be willing to do
this?? They are doing it all over, especially for math and science and
special ed teachers. Check into it. If you are trying to up your
retirement with your NBC then I think you'll have to work full time.

---