Technology Blackout Day - April 20

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 07:44:03 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is another day to mark on your calandar....
Technology Blackout Day April 20.
http://www.technologyblackoutday.com/

I can guarantee I will not be celebrating the day... I
will be talking as usual and working on the site/sites
as usual. I have a pretty good idea what it would be
like without technology...so don't need time to
imagine it (smile). I did miss it when I was without
technology for almost a week (after ice storm) - I did
still have phone and battery radio, though.

Funny/odd thing is....Even though power was restored
to the schools around here (after the ice storm) -
schools remained closed because their network wasn't
up and running. Most schools remained closed till the
following Thursday. So the answer around here would be
No technology -- well then - no school. Technology is
that important.

This day was posted to Ed Tech list.

Regards,

Judy Decker