Re: Ken Schwab...

---------

From: Dave Haines (dhaines_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 07:30:05 PST

When I went online (at school) back in, I guess '98, the Web opened doors
for ideas (relating to art teaching project/unit development). The Web is
THE means (for myself) in staying 'up' on new, innovative ideas for the
classroom.
Ken's work-
I ran across his website several years ago (when he had the old site that
was eventually deleted/lost forever). I began emailing and we've
corresponded since. He was nice enough to send me a packet of his lessons.
They have proved to be a real shot in the arm for me. It's always great to
discover new angles on basic concepts that should be part of the art
curriculum.
Ken, even though obviously a very busy guy, always finds the time to comment
on a project example that I send to him and is always willing to share his
thoughts, ideas, and insight. He's always been a great teacher to both
students and other teachers (us).
Thanks Ken and get well real soon!

-dave h

> One thing is apparent...and will be to Ken when he recovers and has time
> see his email once again...and that is the volume of support, appreciation
> and concern that literally spreads out across the country for him in this
> group of teachers.

---