Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Illustrators sites - worth checking

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 05:37:41 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I was just about finished writing this when Yahoo
glitched and I lost the whole thing... I won't
recreate all of it. Now I'll just give you the sites.
Sean Grisby posted these to Net Gold list.

These I will save and link (when I do a page on

John Sibbick:
Pre-historic - wildlife - sci-fi

Christophe Vacher
fantasy/surreal - has wowrk done for movies (career
tie in)

Doug Chiang
Sci-fi/digital - GREAT robots and creatures (select
low bandwidth if you want to save images)

Howard Van Lyon
fantasy - has some game 3-D modeling (career tie in)

Schoonover Studios
..featuring illustrations and paintings by Frank E.
Schoonover and many other students of Howard Pyle, as
well as noted American illustrators...artwork by 19th
and early 20th century local and regional artists.

Here are two repeats - just in case you missed my
earlier post of these illustrators.

Drew Struzan - has movie posters (good career tie in)

Bob Peak - has covers for time magazine and movie
poster art

Worth checking - but I won't be linking.
Alan Pollack
sci fi/fantasy

Sean really likes sci-fi art. If you have students who
are motivated by this genre, search for Art Links on
Net Gold list (yahoo group). Sean has posted dozens. I
have only shared a small fraction of what he has

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Do You Yahoo!?