Re: Masks from Many Cultures video

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 20:45:28 PST

I find that if I just have the kids watch the video without taking notes, many will probably take the time to daydream.

Christine Besack <mrsbeeswax@comcast.net> wrote:Hi All, I must agree about the Masks from Many Cultures video. I use this video also, when I do zoomorphic masks with my 5th graders
I just wish that the narrator was a little less fake sounding. I agree the content is great. My kids get a kick out of the guy who uses real goat teeth in his masks.
I never make kids write during a video. They manage to remember a lot, I know they would miss some content if I had them looking down at the papers writing. (This is 5th grade though.)
we do a list on the board afterwards of types of animals represented, places masks were made, materials used, reasons to wear a mask (cultural. protective, etc)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)