Re: Pushing Quality

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 17:21:19 PST

Anne Rose-Phillips wrote:

> I really look forward to the relationship aspect of having my "own"
> room, as I think that is the most critical factor for me. But subbing is
> very educational!

> Anne

Yes Anne,
        Subbing is very educational. My first year of teaching
was as a contract art sub in my district. 75 % of the days were
spent covering some art teacher at a variety of levels. I came
away from that year with a wealth of ideas. I also got to try
out lessons of my own on students, and if they didn't work out
well I was not going to be back anyway. A worthwhile year that
I'm so, so glad I did not have to repeat. When I retired, 28
years later, it was a contract art sub that was moved into my
position. Good luck on landing a permanent position.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703