Re: Pushing Quality

---------

From: Anne Rose-Phillips (arosephillips_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 14:00:11 PST

I just have to say thank you for all the thoughtful, creative,
encouraging, helpful responses!

I am an "older" new teacher & have had this issue with computer art for
years & that's a similar - but different - challenge.

I really look forward to the relationship aspect of having my "own"
room, as I think that is the most critical factor for me. But subbing
is very educational!

When student teaching, I found I started by grading for encouragement &
then gradually moving them towards higher expectations. And definitely
including attitude/effort & use of time as a big part of the grade,
thus allowing for each student's personal best.

You've all given me a lot to think about & I thank you again!!

Anne

---