High School: drawing in a crowded room

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:54:10 PST

Hi everyone. This is for the high school teachers. I have a beginning
drawing class that is rocking down the house this semester. They are so good
at observational drawing that I have skipped over some exercises and am
already at still life. However, I have a room full of 28 students. Usually
I set up 4 different fairly complex still lifes around the room and let them
move around to draw from them. For complex still life, the set-ups need to
stay where they are for a number of weeks. I have almost no space for that
this time. I do have one large counter but 28 kids can't crowd around one
set up. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing a complex still life in
a crowded classroom?
Pam Wellington
Dept. Chair Art
Boiling Springs High School