Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Quality work - General rubric (Anne, Woody and all)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:14:24 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

YES Woody - I always spell check before posting to the
site. I don't always catch everything at first (I read
right over boo-boos)....but eventually get most typos

I found Leah's general rubric that she has posted in
her room. This is good for elementary - and adaptable
to middle school. Anne - this will be good for when
you get your own room.

To earn a plus:
    I produce high quality/creative work.
    I apply all skills, especially those stressed
    for the assignment.
    I participate in class and use time well.
    I solve problems and work independently
To earn a check plus:
    I produce quality work
    I make an effort to apply skills, especially
    those stressed for the assignment.
    I participate in class and use time well.
    I try to solve problems and usually work
To earn a check:
    I produce acceptable work
    I apply some of the skills that are expected for
    the assignment.
    I usually participate and use time well.
    I sometimes solve problems and work
To earn a check minus:
    I produce work of inconsistent quality.
    I rarely apply the expected skills for the
    I sometimes participate and use time well.
    I rarely work independently or solve problems.
To earn a minus:
    I produce no work, or work that shows little
    I do not apply expected skills.
    I do not participate or use time well.
    I do not solve problems or work independently.

We talk about what all this means, like quality,
craftsmanship, effort, trying to solve problems, etc.

I am looking for other threads on this topic - Oh this
is fun...Leah developed this in response to her own
question posted earlier..."Encouraging Quality Work".
Here is the thread for "encouraging quality work"

I know there have been more threads....but for now I
can't find them...Oh one more- Encouraging words comes
to mind. See Discouraging Words and Encouraging Words

Best wishes to you Anne. I subbed for four years and
found my expectations were higher than their teacher's
many times. It is a tough job. I got my full time job
because of my success in subbing so hang in there.
Continue to push for quality.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources