Re: Pushing Quality

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 05:03:37 PST

I don't think it hurts to stop 15-30 minutes into a lesson and say,'
Oh, did I communicate such-and-such? Oops! My bad. No, no, I have
completely different expectations. Watch.' Re-demo and restart the
whole class on a higher level. they benefit from the practice intro,
but are not locked into their weak start. Helps if I take the heat
myself--as in, 'it was surely how I communicated wherein the fault
lies. '
Not sure if this is what you meant but...
Beth

> How do you get the kids to work longer, take more care, etc in order
> to produce "better" art work?

---