Important changes to ArtsEdNet Talk

---------

From: ArtsEdNet Talk listserv <\ (lyris-noreply_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 16:26:56 PST

Dear ArtsEdNet Talk member,

The ArtsEdNet Talk listserv is being upgraded this month.
Changes will include new security measures and improved
usability. But the most visible change will be a new
name—TeacherArtExchange—and a new location at
http://www.getty.edu/education/.

These changes will help this listserv operate more efficiently
and securely for users. Please be assured that the new listserv
will be the same vibrant community of art educators and learners
that you have helped to build. You are the key to making this
community so vital to arts educators around the country. We
thank you for your valuable contributions.

Below are answers to questions you may have regarding this change:

Will I be able to keep my account?
You will need to re-register for the new listserv. Toward the
end of this month (March), we will send you an e-mail with easy
instructions to move your account to the new listserv. It will
include a link to a registration page. Simply enter your e-mail
address and choose a password. Just two clicks and you’re done!

Will the transfer of the listserv be uninterrupted?
Unfortunately, there will be a short downtime of a few days when
we actually move the listserv. During this time you will not be
able to send or receive messages. We will notify you when this
period begins and do our best to keep this downtime to a minimum.

What are the new security features?
- All e-mail addresses will be removed from the archived messages
in order to cut down on the amount of spam you receive.
- Attachments will no longer be permitted in order to prevent
computer viruses from spreading.
- A new password feature will provide added security for all
listserv members. (Some members do not currently have this security
feature.)

In addition to the listserv, other selected content from ArtsEdNet
will move to the new location on getty.edu, providing a central
location for you to access all of the Getty’s educational resources.
There you’ll find a new search function to help you locate what you
need quickly and easily. All lessons will be correlated to national
and California state education standards; have an improved design;
and offer easy access to background information about artists,
subjects, historical periods, and many other topics.

About the Getty
The J. Paul Getty Trust is an international cultural and
philanthropic institution devoted to the visual arts.

Visit us online at http://www.getty.edu