Re: argument for 7th 8th grade art

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 06:56:27 PST

Michelle, My issue isn't mixed grades as much as mixed levels of experience,
like 8th graders who have never had art with 7th graders who have, etc., so
I haven't felt like we are building on skills.

What I am hoping for next year is 2, two-semester "art one" classes which
can be mixed grades and one 8th grade "Art two" which will meet for the full
year so they can really better prepare for the high school curriculum and
develop the habit of longer-term projects. My other hours are made up of
12-week rotations of 6th graders.

---