Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: argument for 7th 8th grade art

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 06:41:25 PST

        Thanks for the answers and good luck at building
your program. Living in the islands must be a blast.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
Where do teachers in Honolulu retire to ? Heaven ?

C Kerch wrote:
> Hi Woody,
> In answer to your question - I teach in a private Catholic school and
> yes, a required elective is an oxymoron in our school. We've had
> parents ask the question "what if I don't want my child to take an
> elective?" The answer, they have to it's required. I'm not sure why
> they call it an elective but I understand that it is better than saying
> we are "specials"... funny concept, huh. :-) The one thing that I can
> say about our school versus other private Catholic schools on the island
> is that we are one of the few that actually offer Art, Music and Band.

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703
Woody's Watercolor Portfolio: