Re: displaying altered books

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 16:19:24 PST

Heidi:
I have 8th graders who are finishing their altered books this quarter
(started last quarter). As part of their grade, they have to create a
sculptural stand which reflects the theme of their book and allows it to be
leafed through. I didn't require security, since the books will be off
display immediately after the show.

Here's an example of what I believe I'll see--one kid did a book themed
upon caffeine, and I expect a "stand" made of Starbucks cups.

If there are any good ones, I'll send to Judy.

>Does anyone have a good way to display altered books? I have put them in a
>showcase, but you see only one 2-page spread. I have put them on a table,
>only to have one of them stolen.

Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---