Re: Ukranian eggs

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 12:29:22 PST

>>> lindwood@webtv.net 03/20/05 4:46 AM >>>
We just did Pysanki eggs--You don't need to refrigerate them because the
stuff inside is supposed to dry out over time--you're not supposed to
blow them out. I would just buy yellow, orange, dark red and black to
start with the dyes. We made out own little tools with a small circle
of aluminum stuff (like the kind you use for repousse) with a slit to
the center so you can roll it into a cone--leave a pin in the center
when you do so that you will have a tiny pin-hole for the wax to drip
out of. We wired the little cones to slimmed down popcycle sticks and
they worked great. The tradition is that the eggs keep down the evil in
the world and every time the number of persons who make eggs goes
down,or a pysanki eggs breaks, another link breaks in the chain that
holds the monster that causes evil in the world. It's an awesome
responsibility when you look at it this way!!! I just explained this to
my Sunday School class several years ago, and then proceeded to trip and
break all my example Pysankie eggs--talk about some big eyes!! Perhaps
I'm personally responsible for Iraq!! When you're done you're supposed
to keep them in a cool place and roll them occasionally to keep down the
internal gas build-up. Eventually you just have a little dry rattle
inside.

---
leave-artsednet-20361K@lists.getty.edu
---