Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Murray Gallant Folk Art figures -- and KidzDraw

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 11:33:22 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I just "discovered" Murray Gallant (from KidzDraw
website) Canadian folk artist. I think his work could
iinspire a sculpture lesson for elementary and up.
Here are some examples of his work
(2 pages)

I can see a great lesson around his work....Those of
you who like to use toilet paper tubes for projects
could do some really fun works "in the style of"
Murray Gallant (instead of Kachinas).

Here is the KidzDraw links where I found him
Pick age groups then check out the ideas.
Murray Gallant was in the Reach for a Star Section:

Have fun exploring.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources