Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Summer Teacher Program at TICA

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 05:34:51 PST

Hello all,
I was pleased to find out that I was accepted to attend the summer art
teacher program at the School of Contemporary Art in Chicago the last
two weeks of June.
Has anyone out there already been? Will anyone be attending? Can you
tell me anything about what to expect.
Teresa in El Paso, TX
- - -

I was just in Chicago visiting my son's participation at the Chicago
American Art Academy where at 28 years of age he attends. I am a plein air
painter myself, and also took in an exhibition at the Palette and Chisel
Academy's show of 30 painters from around the city. An interesting
conversation about how low the prices were listed for the representational
work brought out how the entire city has really been geared and receptive of
contemporary/modern art for many years. Of drive around on the
"L"...or take a city bus, this is quite apparent from the city's proud
display of Picasso's on the Civic Center Plaza. The work is prized because
Picasso refused payment of the huge work, giving it instead to Chicago as a
gift. Simply known as "Chicago Picasso"

The Chicago American Art Academy is a traditional academic art academy, the
scorn and contempt as a rival to the Art Institute's student academy where
contemporary work is so much everything. From all I've witnessed and
experienced, I think you'll absolutely love your time there! There is art
abounding everywhere...90% or more contemporary that is publically visible.

My book on Landscape Painting-

My artist website-

Visit my own artist's forum!

Signature member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm!"
Winston Churchill