clay tiles & dinner plates

---------

From: Ruth Campbell (rcampbell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 04:32:36 PST

Has anyone out there used commercially glazed
dinner plates as a base for firing mosaics ?
I've had great luck experimenting with the plain bathroom- type
clear-glazed 4 x 4 tiles ( someone's frequently bringing
in a leftover box) and am about to try to fire old
dinner plates with mosaics on them to see if they might adhere.
If any of you have tried this, do you have suggestions?

I'll share my recycling discoveries with the 4 X 4's if anyone is
interested.

---