Re: Underglazes shivering....GRRRR!!!!!!

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 19:03:31 PST

>. . . The white, chartreuse, leaf green, and mint green are
>shivering off of my fifthgrader's work. I am SO BUMMED! . . .
>Linda

I do not ordinarily work with exactly these materials. If I had
this problem, I might add a bit of clear glaze to the underglazes.
Even if the fit is not perfect, adding some glaze can still help it
melt more for better adhesion. Perhaps about 1 part of clear glaze
mixed with 3 parts underglaze would be a place to start. Since this
dilutes the color, a second coat of undiluted underglaze may be
needed. The first coat (glue coat) could be quite thin.

Good luck,

Marvin

---