Re: monet's pond and lilly pads

---------

From: Chris Lincoln (artlover44_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 18:10:59 PST

Jeryl,

I too have used Linea's Garden with my k-3 students. After viewing the video we used inexpensive feather dusters (it was sooo fun for the students and the admiring observers) and dipped them into plates of tempera in "Monet" colors and then swished paint onto a large (20ft.) mural paper background. We then used oil pastels to create lily and pad on construction paper, cut them out and glued them together and then onto the mural paper. We hung the mural in the art hall and draped tissue paper vines from the ceiling. It was spectacular. Hope this helps

Chris
St. Mel School
Woodland Hills, CA

---