Re: Underglazes shivering....GRRRR!!!!!!

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 18:01:16 PST

In a message dated 3/20/2005 4:20:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lindwood@webtv.net writes:

> So...anyone order white clay that
> they have shipped to them from out of town?

I use Amaco underglazes all the time. We apply it on leather hard and bisque
and have not had problems. You said you wipe the bisque pieces before glazing.
Hmmmm. No greasy fingers either? Well, I use clay from Axner. I have used UG
on both the paper clay and white talc clay, even grog clay.

Could it be too many coats? What about where it is placed in the kiln? Are
there similar variables here? I find I get better results with glazes if I fire
at 06. What cone do you fire the bisque?

Marsha

---