Re: Organic Form in Clay- High School Lesson idea-Paperclay anybody?

---------

From: The Hammond Family (bhammond_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 17:47:29 PST

Slip would work just fine. Maybe Celluclay if it has a high paper content (I don't know what that's made of). I have no experience with instant papier mache in any form so I don't have a clue as to how it might work. But making paper pulp really isn't that big a deal so I've never felt the need to experiement with other additives.
In fact, I think I perform a community service when I make paper clay - Since cheap paper works well, like the rough toilet paper in the school bathrooms, I exchange a good roll of TP for their bad roll and figure I've made someone happy when they use the soft stuff I've left behind in trade!
Belinda
(Broken hearted over Wake Forest's loss last night in the NCAA tournament)