Re: Organic Form in Clay- High School Lesson idea-Paperclay anybody?

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 16:52:33 PST

These are great, Maria!
I looked further into Judy's links and found something new to me, paperclay. I would love to try some of this stuff, having no kiln at my school. Oh wait...funny, it won't be my school come June.
Then I still want to try it for myself! I have a kiln at home and maybe this is the reason I haven't been able to sell it, I might just need it for my new found interest in Paperclay! I really would like to try it out, does anybody here have any experience with this clay and know where to get it?

On another note, I went to my first 'cattle-call'...I mean job fair. Big old waste of time, but one good thing about it was forcing me to actually make a resume. So I look pretty good on paper, anyway!

But anticipated jobs in my county are few and far between, or at a charter school in Camden, and I don't think I have the energy for a job like that. More low pay and long hours in a struggling school, no thanks!

But at least I am putting myself out there and it feels pretty good. I am not discouraged. I made a nice connection with the principal of an elementary school in the public school of the town I teach in, we had mutual friends and he told me that if I decided to sub next year they would definitely ask for me if I put my name in with his office. That felt good anyway!

But for now, my next creative bit will be getting out my Ukrainian Egg stuff. Just bought my eggs tonight. I love the smell of hot beeswax!

Cathy

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.