Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: mounting artwork

From: KATHY TROTT (KATHY_TROTT_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 11:31:19 PST

Mounted...permanently, students never get it back. It is a group
project (grid enlargement) when the pieces are put together they make
one image. But what should I use to adhere it to the plywood?

>>> 03/18/05 09:06AM >>>
        Mounted ????? Is this permanent ? Suppose to stay on
display forever ? Do the students ever get it back ? If this
is a permanent display, I'm sure you can find masonite.
Hardware stores and large home improvement centers still
carry it.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

> It has been a long time since I have needed to permanently mount
> artwork on a board. I used to mount work on masonite which the
> doesn't even carry anymore (that made me feel so old). I have a
> of plywood and need to mount student work on it for permanent
> Should I seal the plywood first with ________? and what should I use
> adhesive. The art work is painted onto oaktag.
> Thanks in advance for suggestions...
> Kathy

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703
of your artwork that soars."              from: "Art & Fear"
Woody's Watercolor Portfolio:
Newest Fantastic Triplet Pics:
Our Mountain in New Mexico: