Re: reflective thinking in art

---------

twoducks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 06:15:40 PST

Visual Thinking Strategies http://www.vue.org/

kathy douglas

-----Original Message-----
From: Nnaell@aol.com
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:10:43 -0500
Subject: Re: reflective thinking in art

Maggie,

     The BFA (Boston Museum of Fine Arts, also MOMA has this program as well)
has a program call the Visual Thinking Curriculum (I believe this is the correct
name) which is steeped in all kinds of research and data...just start googling
Visual Thinking Curriculum and you will come up with lots of data on the benfits
of reflective thinking in visual art.

    How fortunate that your principal asked you to present such an important
topic that can demonstrate how students can use those aesthetic judgement skills
across the curriculum!

Good Luck!