RE: reflective thinking in art

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 04:40:05 PST

I was interested in what you said in your e-mail... I had to re-read a
couple of times because I think that a school that is underperforming
probably needs other skills before they can even be reflective about what
was done. I guess I always thinking of reflective as an ending step, and if
you are struggling you may not be ready for it. I really don't have 'words'
for what I do, but if I did organize my instruction more formally I would
have creative, critical and then reflective thinking - so I looked up some
some info on critical and reflective - found this - maybe it would help...

http://www.pgd.hawaii.edu/kaams/resource/reflection.htm
<http://www.pgd.hawaii.edu/kaams/resource/reflection.htm>

Ellen

My principle asked me the other day if I would give a talk on reflective
thinking at our next staff meeting. This was after I was telling her of
some new (to me) techniques to use in my classroom.

---