Re: SPAM

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 20:09:22 PST

Patricia Knott wrote:
> You only have to be on the internet for a few minutes to know that SPAM
> exists. As much as we try to protect ourselves it gets through.
> The problem is being foolish and falling for something.
> Ignore it, don't even open it
> and don't ever hit the "remove me from this" button because that only
> tells them you exist and you will get tons more.

Good advice, Patty. Below is something that I just got from Data
Doctors, an online newsletter that is the source of the worm and virus
warnings I post to the list. When you click on the link, it takes you
to a page of their recommended spam filters and blockers. MailWasher
has their stamp of approval. I've been using it for a couple or three
years; it's quite easy to use and some interesting features. I think
Judy Decker uses it as well.

Maggie
Do-it-all Spam Solution?

Dee wrote us an e-mail asking if there is one program to get rid of spam
entirely. At this time, there is not a single “all-in-one” anti-spam
program. As always, the best way to rid yourself of spam is to get a
new e-mail address. However, there are a few programs out there that
perform very nicely when it comes to taking care of the spam epidemic.
For a list of these programs, visit the Approved Software section of the
Data Doctors website, or click here.

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your email address, please visit:
http://www.datadoctors.com/help/quikreg.cfm

---