Re: Warning: A "spoof" / phish email circulating on ArtsEdNet

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 07:50:23 PST

    I've been getting these PayPal phishes since last December, probably
from another list to which I belong (through Yahoo Groups.) But in the last
two days I have seen it come with an artsednet address. Today I got another
type of spam with Renee Berg's name on it and I know she wouldn't do this to
anyone.
    Yes, be very careful!

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired

> Hi folks,

> My anti-Spam filter caught a "phish" type spoof email originating
> through the ArtsEdNet list, pretending to be a verification request
> from PayPal.

---