Warning: A "spoof" / phish email circulating on ArtsEdNet

---------

From: Vanessa Compton (vcompton_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 07:35:25 PST

Hi folks,

My anti-Spam filter caught a "phish" type spoof email originating
through the ArtsEdNet list, pretending to be a verification request
from PayPal. It asks you to follow a link where you would re-enter
your financial info. I sent it off to PayPal and was told by them to
delete it immediately and DO NOT open any links in it.

This is the first of that kind I've ever received, so I'm glad I checked
it out. Be careful!

Vanessa

---