Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

National Gallery of Art - better source for Degas Drawings

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 05:30:59 PST

Greetings ArtsEDNetters,

I should have warned you that Mark Harden's Artchive
now has very annoying pop-ups that the usual pop-up
blocker won't block. When you click on a link - the
pop-up opens first - then you have to wait for the
site to open....VERY annoying. I guess he is making
his site more an more annoying to teachers so they
will buy his CD? I wrote to him about the pop-ups and
of course didn't get an answer (smile). I think
Artcyclopedia has even removed a lot of the links to

Here is one exhibit at National Gallery of art that
has good drawings. Degas at the Races:

Plus the search feature brings up 12 images (use
expanded search by medium if this link doesn't work)
Expanded search

Here is a "new to me" exhibit - Degas' Sketchbook:

You will also find that there are several books
available on drawings of Degas. Your local library may
have one. The Dover publication is very affordable.
(Dancers also available):

Crayola lesson plan for elementary - body in motion:

Judy Decker

Do you Yahoo!?