RE: Scratchboard sites of interest

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 19:25:06 PST

Linda-

The cans said "Fast Drying All Purpose Spray Enamel" - definitely oil-based,
requiring good ventilation. Because of space and time constraints, I
sprayed the kids' scratchboards in my backyard, returning them to class the
following day. I'd say this wouldn't be considered safe for kids to spray.
But this proved to be a good solution to my particular situation (small,
shared room / very limited class time (40 minutes a week, sometimes every
other week).

Hope this helps,
Theresa in WA

Theresa, Was it oil base or latex? Safe for kids to spray or no? Thanks,
Linda in OK

Speaking of scatchboard, I recently tried spraying inexpensive enamel spray