Drawings of Pierre-Paul Prud'hon - for Ken's lesson on toned paper - and more

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 10:23:30 PST

Marcia and all,

I just found this artist who used Ken's techniques -
drawing with charcoal and white chalk on toned paper.
Pierre-Paul Prud'hon
http://www.art.net/Studios/visual/Rebecca/OnPrudon1.html

You won't be able to use all of the images with
students. More on Pierre-Paul Prud'hon
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/prudhon_pierre-paul.html

Artchive has many links to Degas' drawings
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/ftptoc/degas_ext.html
There are many other sources for Degas' drawings.
Shorewood does have some prints of his drawings.

Here are some Master Drawings:
http://www.oldmasterdrawings.com/html/artists.html
http://www.oldmasterdrawings.com/html/tours.html

Drawings of Jim Dine:
http://www.nga.gov/press/2003/exhibitions/184/images.htm
Maybe can't use all of them with kids. You might be
able to find larger images online for some of these.
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/dineinfo.htm

LOTS can be found online...Look up drawings of the
masters...or master drawings...

Go to Artcyclopedia and enter drawing in title search
- Many drawings will come up (as well as works about
drawing).

Also go to Illustrators:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/media/Illustrator.html

Metropolitan Museum of Art - Collection of Drawings
and Prints:
http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_Of_Art/department.asp?dep=9

Leonardo daVinci Drawings
http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/leonardo.html

Also try doing a Google serach of 20th Century
Drawing....19th century....and so on.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department