Re: list of drawers - Ken Schwab and Bob Capitolo

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 08:31:57 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

How about some Artists/Art Teachers who draw?

Marcia, I would DEFINITELY add Ken's and Robert's
book Drawing Course 101 to my collection of resources
for student to use. The book is beautiful! (I do have
my very own copy) and instructions are very clear and
illustrated with high quality photographs of examples
(demos by Ken and Robert)- step by step "How to's". 96
pages. The book is available from Sterling Publishing
Co - ISBN 1-4027-0383-X. I bet a local book store
would get a copy for you. Our Waldenbooks gives
teachers a discount and doesn't charge shipping.

Everyone who has purchased this book has been very
impressed. One technique that was new to me was
drawing on gesso prepaired surface - gives very
interesting textural results from the brush strokes.
I'd love to have some student examples for that lesson
to put on IAD (no details necessary - I will just
reference they can find it in the book).

Regards,

Judy Decker