Re: Famous sweaters from the Zlatibor region of Serbia

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 06:50:44 PST

Hi Melissa and list,

    The wool and hides for the famous Scottish sheepskin coats come from
Iceland, too. I learned this when I was in Scotland and Iceland three years
ago. Icelandic sweaters are known throughout the world. It is wonderful
how each country/culture puts its own artistic ID on whatever raw materials
it has on hand or imports. I like the sweater design you chose!

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                Art teacher, K-5, retired

> I have been told by a local-hire teacher that the best sweaters are those
> that use Icelandic wool. The sweaters are still hand knit here in Serbia
> though.

---