Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: elem. art budget per student.

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 22:17:26 PST

Just finishing up orders myself (for the technology budget), the topic
sparked my attention. Around 1997 I was at an inner city school in
Milwaukee. After telling the teachers that their budget for stickers and
other in-class supplies would be $200 (books and other instructional
material came out of a different budget), I looked at the music teacher and
then asked the principal, "What about us?". He reluctantly gave us the $200
for our whole budget - which came to $0.32 for art and $0.23 for music!
Needless to say I did a lot of recycled art (which I did anyway) and was
VERY protective of the art supplies I had.
I am glad to say that the budgets in international schools have been

From Melissa in Belgrade, where bug fluffy snow is falling out of the much for spring.