Re: elem. art budget per student.

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 22:17:26 PST

Just finishing up orders myself (for the technology budget), the topic
sparked my attention. Around 1997 I was at an inner city school in
Milwaukee. After telling the teachers that their budget for stickers and
other in-class supplies would be $200 (books and other instructional
material came out of a different budget), I looked at the music teacher and
then asked the principal, "What about us?". He reluctantly gave us the $200
for our whole budget - which came to $0.32 for art and $0.23 for music!
Needless to say I did a lot of recycled art (which I did anyway) and was
VERY protective of the art supplies I had.
I am glad to say that the budgets in international schools have been
reasonable.

From Melissa in Belgrade, where bug fluffy snow is falling out of the
sky...so much for spring.

On 3/13/05 12:04 AM, "Judith Decker" <jdecker4art@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear ArtsEDNetters,
>
> Here is an article that answers the question:
> http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3772/is_199911/ai_n8868083
>
> It looks like their finding matches the amount our
> threads came up with...I believe we came up with an
> average of $3.00 per child. That is the amount I got
> back in 1995. Some on this list received $0 dollars.
>
> There is a Getty thread from February 2002.
> http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Feb02/

---