Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: elem. art budget per student.

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 15:04:03 PST

Dear ArtsEDNetters,

Here is an article that answers the question:

It looks like their finding matches the amount our
threads came up with...I believe we came up with an
average of $3.00 per child. That is the amount I got
back in 1995. Some on this list received $0 dollars.

There is a Getty thread from February 2002.

October 2002

I know $3.00 wasn't enough for me for the kind of
projects I liked to do. I spent a lot of my own money
for extras (like puffy paints and paint markers).
Our students were to provide their own basic supplies
(crayons, watercolors, glue, scissores, etc).

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources