Re: elem. art budget per student.

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 14:45:56 PST

Hi Diane, there isn't a guide. I have researched this before, and there are
many threads on this( in the archives) in previous years. From my
experience at elem. level, I think 4.00/per would be just about right. I
get 2.00/per- and our district finally gave all of the elementary schools
2/per this year. Some teachers had been getting less (1.35) and some more
( around 3.00). Two is definitely NOT enough to cover the supplies needed
for the standards and replace tools (brushes, brayers,) let alone upgrade
or try new materials. When things get tight, I turn to the roll paper ,
(that each school provides for the teachers)donated supplies, or I buy what
we need. (. I also had the special ed teacher order scissors that will
help some of my special ed kids cut paper,)
Betsy

---