Venetian Carnival Mask Lesson - on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 12:49:08 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I have added Stephanie Corder's Venetian Mask lesson
to Incredible Art Department.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Stephanie-masks.htm
I included some interdisciplinary ideas for this unit.
You can tie it in with a unit on Shakespeare - or
Renaissance...and of course Italy. I added additional
resources for Caribbean Carnival. All of mask
resources I added were from my June 2003 post. If you
have additional sources = please let me know.

I have linked this lesson from Middle School and High
School and will add a ceramic variation to it soon....
One of my co-workers did some fabulous carnival masks
with 5th graders (using the plastic face molds).

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/