RE: Using Examples in the Classroom

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 17:40:00 PST

I use student examples to teach the ideas,techniques and quality that I
want, and to show what i expect of them. They might not know the extent of
the quality and sophistication that you desire by just using words. High
school kids in the beginning, are not knowledgeable enough about art or the
expectations of quality without a benchmark of sorts to aspire to. They
will not remember the examples long enough to copy their ideas, but it will
tell them what you expect. Since I kind of expect a lot, I use these
examples as a way of letting them know that we ( students and myself) are
here to make some quality work and if they work hard, they too will have a
product worthy of their time and effort.

Ken Schwab
bicyclken@earthlink.net

---