RE: artistic integrity and judging for kids

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 17:30:50 PST

I just want to say again that I was not upset or bitter or even irked by
the outcome of the art show awards. I am happy to have my students work
displayed in the community and the awards are only frosting on the cake. I
just thought it would provide some discussion about this topic. I like to
see their work out for the public to see and enjoy with or without awards.
Awards do give rise to controversy, as when one piece is awarded a big
prize, everyone wants to comment on whether it was deserved and if another
was more deserving. I love to hear the comments, as it seems to be the
most fun listening to parents and others debate the results. In the end
having the work up and out there to be viewed is the best reward.

Ken Schwab
bicyclken@earthlink.net

---