Re: OT: tech question

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 16:58:29 PST

There is something else wrong. If you are getting a regular dial tone from this old jack, it should work. There is probably something wrong with your modem or network settings. Is it a different telephone number than the other line? If so, you will need to change the phone number in your internet settings. Is this now a DSL line, if so you need a DSL modem. There could be many different explanations. However, I do not think any of them relate to the phone line itself. I would call your internet service provider and talk with them. Again, I think it is a settings problem.

Hope this helps.

Diane